- Confusion has occurred over the years due to changes in nomenclature of the T-Lymphocyte cell surface antigen CD45.
- Ptprca (protein-tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type c) was the gene symbol designated to the CD45 antigen because of its homology with human placental protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B. Ptprca is one of a family of protein-tyrosine phosphatase genes involved with the regulation of cell growth.
- Congenital abnormalities include microphthalmia, corneal opacities, anophthalmia, hydrocephalus and portosystemic shunts.
- See www.jax.org for more strain information.
- These mice are sold subject to The Jackson Laboratory’s Conditions of Use and also the Australian Patent Number (2004268530). Information regarding conditions of use is available at: Jax General Terms and Conditions.