The Animal Resources Centre can only guarantee that animals have been mated on a specific date by observation of a vaginal plug. We cannot guarantee the outcome of the mating.
Your order will be accepted if you acknowledge the following conditions. A copy of this form will be faxed to you when you place your order.
Mice are hormone synchronised and mating is determined by observation of a vaginal plug. Rats are naturally mated.
Please note the following particulars:
- Day 0 of pregnancy is the day the vaginal plug is observed. It is recommended that customers confirm their requirements with the relevant literature to ensure consistency.
- We are able to guarantee that 100% of mice and rats supplied after day 14 post-mating will be pregnant, however loss of pregnancy can occur during transport.
- Mated females less than E14 are not guaranteed pregnant.
- Please note the time-mated animals conditions of sale:
- Agreement to supply time mated animals
- Agreement to supply special time mated animals
We can also not guarantee that the number of animals requested to be mated on a particular day will in fact mate on that day.
Credit or refunds will not be given for time mated orders.