- Poor breeding performance (refer to C57Bl/6J).
- Confusion has occurred over the years due to changes in nomenclature of the T-Lymphocyte cell surface antigen CD45.
- Ptprca (protein-tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type c) was the gene symbol designated to the CD45 antigen because of its homology with human placental protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B. Ptprca is one of a family of protein-tyrosine phosphatase genes involved with the regulation of cell growth.
- Congenital abnormalities include microphthalmia, corneal opacities, anophthalmia and hydrocephalus.
- Susceptible to imperforate vaginas, divided septums and mucometra.