|JAX stock number
- Used as a general purpose strain in a wide variety of research areas including cancer, infectious disease, sensorineural, and cardiovascular biology research.
- Blindness by weaning age.
- High incidence of hepatomas.
- Average breeding performance.
- Typically C3H/HeJArc are unresponsive to lipopolysaccharide (LPS) due to a B-cell deficiency (Anderson and Ostermann, 1980).
- Highly susceptible to infection by Gram negative bacteria.
- Spontaneous corneal opacities.
- Retina lack photoreceptors.
- Hearing normal.
- Alopecia areata.
- Cardiac mineralisation/calcinosis.
- See www.jax.org for more strain information.
- These mice are sold subject to The Jackson Laboratory’s Conditions of Use and also the Australian Patent Number (2004268530). Information regarding conditions of use is available at: http://jaxmice.jax.org/cou/index.html.